welcome to johanv.xyz
Hi, I'm Johan Vandegriff and this is my website, which STINKS: Stores Things I Need to Keep Somewhere :)
Here's a random interesting fact about me:
My favorite computer game as a kid was The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions. I can still play it, now using Wine on Linux -- glad we kept the CD!
This is probably the reason you ended up on my site, to play this awesome game and ignore all the other stuff here. But who could blame you, after all BOGGLE is the BOmb diGGety LEtter game!
This is a drawing I made of the Erasable Inc. improv group at the University of Maryland (UMD) after their 24-hour show. (click the image for full size)
For this drawing and others, I used the free and open source drawing software Krita and a Wacom tablet on Linux.see more ▹
I publish my videos on LBRY, an awesome new platform that solves the demonitization issues of YouTube! Follow me with my invite link. This video is for a propsed research project for Gemstone at UMD. I ended up joining another project instead, but I still have the initial version and plan to make it into a product someday.watch more ▹
Here's a snippet from a quintessential blog post of mine:
An account follows of the myriad of adventures I have had with the electronVolts. My aim is that the narrative shall be as accurate as possible and will serve useful in reference during future events.
Saturday, October 1, 2016
We were visited by a band of rookies. They do not perceive the insurmountable tasks that lie ahead of them. I attempted to affright them by disclosing to them the monster that is The Code, but alas, they took an interest in this beast. I fear there is no way to warn them; their days ahead appear grim.
The Great Git attacked our code today. I researched its weaknesses in the Archives of Google and found individuals who were in a similar predicament. Armed with this knowledge, we were able to send it howling back from whence it came.read more ▹
You can play Boggle, a multiplayer word game, talk to CARL, a chatbot that learns phrases from you, or play some of my other games, including some old ones written in perl. Speaking of old games, you can also check out my old stuff on scratch.CARL says:
i miss you!play ▹
Here are some of my projects:
- ArduinOLED - A handheld Arduino-based platform to create games, test equipment, and other projects. Learn how to make and use it!
- HexaGame - A handheld multi-game system that consists of a hexagon of LEDs with buttons surrounding it, as well as a hex-shaped dpad.
- GAMES (Glamorous Automatic Multi-game Emulator System) - A tiny Arduino game system with a 3x3 LED screen and 4 buttons.
- Calculator - A calculator you can run in the terminal.
- Quest Game - A roguelike game I am working on.
- asocialsafety.net (archived) - The website for a hackathon project my friends and I made.
- My Config Files - Some files with settings the way I like them, with descriptions.
NASA GSFC Internship
I fixed bugs in C code for NASA’s core Flight System by writing unit tests on a CentOS Linux virtual machine (using VirtualBox). To help write unit tests, I wrote some bash scripts to generate skeleton functions, then filled them in manually with code to test each case. At the end of the summer, I created a poster and presented it at a lab-wide showcase day.full resume ▹